Israel has launched another offensive against the people of Gaza. In 2009, during “Operation Cast Lead,” the Israeli state killed more than 1400 Palestinian civilians, a third of which were children. They appear intent on repeating that brutality again. Airstrikes have killed 118 people in Gaza since last Wednesay, Nov. 14. Israel is now threatening to launch a ground invasion.
Join people worldwide who are condemning the ongoing seige of Gaza on Saturday, Nov. 24 at 12 noon at Fredericton City Hall.
* Samira Farhoud, survivor of the 1982 Israeli invasion of Beirut, St. Thomas University professor, researcher and author on the Middle East and North Africa. Samira has recently finished a book on women autobiography in North Africa. She discusses women’s revolt and links to the Arab Revolution.
* Ruth Breen, with the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, Fredericton Palestine Solidarity and the Fredericton Peace Coalition. Ruth returned last week from the Occupied West Bank. She was there on a study tour with the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions.
* Samira Farhoud, survivor of the 1982 Israeli invasion on Lebanon
* Naveed Majid, spokesperson for the Fredericton Islamic Association.
* Jack Gegenberg, Jews for a Just Peace Fredericton, Fredericton Palestine Solidarity and Fredericton Peace Coalition.
* Jeff Brown, Fredericton Palestine Solidarity and UNB Professor of History.
Bring signs and banners that show your support for the people of Gaza.
The rally will be followed by a coffee break with Ruth Breen, a postal worker, who has just returned from the occupied territories on a study tour with the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions. All welcome!
Organized and endorsed by: Fredericton Peace Coalition, Fredericton Palestine Solidarity and Jews for a Just Peace Fredericton.
To endorse this rally, contact firstname.lastname@example.org